United States District Court, D. Idaho
BEAU BURCH-LUCICH, Plaintiff.
GARY L. LUCICH; MARCAE LUCICH; MICHELLE LUCICH NIECE; LUCICH FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, an Idaho limited partnership; and NORTHWEST FUNDING, LLC, formerly known as LUCICH LLC, an Idaho limited liability company, Defendants.
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER
B. LYNN WINMILL, Chief District Judge.
In accordance with the agreements reached in the Telephone Scheduling Conference on February 8, 2014, and to further the efficient administration of this matter, NOW THEREFORE IT IS HEREBY ORDERED, that the following recitation of deadlines and procedures shall govern this litigation:
1. Dispositive Motion Deadline: All dispositive motions shall be filed on July 30, 2014. This deadline will not be extended even if you are having discovery disputes.
a. This is the critical event for case management and will dictate when the trial will be set.
b. As provided below, a trial setting conference will be scheduled immediately following resolution of all dispositive motions. To facilitate a prompt trial setting, I will make every effort to schedule oral argument within 60 days and issue a decision within 30 days after the oral argument. If a decision is not issued within this time frame, I invite inquiry from counsel as to the status of the decision.
2. Completion of Discovery: All discovery will be completed by April 30, 2014. This is a deadline for the completion of all discovery; it is not a deadline for discovery requests. Discovery requests must be made far enough in advance of this deadline to allow completion of the discovery by the deadline date. The parties may, by stipulation, agree to defer some trial-related discovery, such as discovery related to damages issue, until after I have ruled on any dispositive issues.
7. Disclosure of Experts:
a. The parties shall disclose all advancing experts (that is,
experts intended to be called at trial to establish issues on which the party bears the burden of proof) on or before May 7, 2014.
b. The parties shall disclose all responsive experts to be called at trial on or before June 4, 2014.
c. All rebuttal experts shall be identified on or before June 18, 2014.
8. Rules Governing Disclosure of Expert Witnesses: Within the deadlines for the disclosure of expert witnesses set out above, the parties shall also provide - for each expert disclosed - the report described in Fed.R.Civ.P. 26(a)(2)(B), as modified by Local Rule 26.2(b). Supplementation to the expert witness report shall be done in accordance with Fed.R.Civ.P. 26(e)(1). Pursuant to Local Rule 26.2(b), expert witnesses will not be allowed to offer any opinion not disclosed in the mandatory Rule 26 disclosures, supplementation, or deposition. This includes rebuttal experts. No undisclosed expert rebuttal opinion testimony will be allowed at trial.
9. Scheduling of Trial and Pretrial Conference. Plaintiff's counsel shall contact In-Court Deputy Jamie Gearhart within one week following the entry of a decision on all pending dispositive motion to make arrangements for a telephone scheduling conference between counsel and me in which the trial and pretrial conference shall be set. If no dispositive motion is filed, Plaintiff's counsel shall immediately contact Ms. Gearhart within one week of the dispositive motion filing deadline to set a telephone scheduling conference.
10. Law Clerk: If counsel has a procedural or legal question that needs to be brought to my attention, please contact Dave Metcalf the law clerk assigned to this case at ...